When you are completing search engine optimization (SEO) for a client’s website, one of the most difficult parts of the entire process is often trying to get them to understand how it actually works. The following are the SEO facts that clients cannot seem to grasp; hopefully they help you to explain the process to them in a way that they understand.
- You cannot simply “turn it on”
- Many clients tend to treat SEO like a tap that you can turn on and off at will – this really is not the case. SEO takes time to implement and it takes even longer to get it right so, whilst a website may not appear to have a strategy at the moment, it probably does.
- You cannot always be number one
- A lot of clients also believe that, by employing SEO services, they will automatically be granted the top position on Google for their chosen keywords. They are not the only people utilizing SEO, however, so you will need to fight for that position.
- You cannot rely on a single traffic source
- Yes, Google is one of the most popular search engines, but this doesn’t mean that you should completely ignore the others. Yahoo and even Bing! will each bring their fair share of traffic your way. You should also look at other SEO areas that garner traffic, such as links, for an additional boost.
- You cannot tell Google what to do
- The reality of the situation is that no one can control Google – they can (and do) change their SEO rules and algorithms for ranking without warning and there is nothing that we can do about it.
- You cannot use it to cover up other problems
- If your website is having other problems, no amount of SEO is going to improve this. Before deciding that SEO is the way to go for getting better rankings, you should sit down and take a good look at your website to determine whether there are any other areas that need work.
- You cannot become an instant expert
- There are other clients who believe that, just because they have read one or two articles about SEO, they are experts in the subject and will try to tell you how to do your job. Understanding SEO is a long and never-ending process.
The best way to ensure that your clients understand all these SEO facts and do not try to bother you with them later on is to outline them from the very beginning. Explain that you don’t know how much they know about SEO, but that you find it beneficial to dispel a few of the myths before getting started. You’ll thank yourself later.
This article is shared by John K. Taylor on the behalf of Infinite IT Solutions, is an Australian based company offering services like website design Melbourne, SEO Melbourne and web marketing services.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_K._Taylor
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7013308